Driving your car by yourself from one place to another can be the cheapest and effective method when the distance is limited. However, this method is inadequate when there is a long route to cover. It is risky and tiring as well. At such times, shipping your car will be the best option.
Whether you are shifting to a new city, have more than one vehicle to move, or just have a busy schedule to drive to another city, shipping your car with the help of an authorized transport company can make the process much easier. If you are shipping your car first time, then you need to consider some of the important factors before you submit your car such as:
- Always check all fluids such as oil, brake fluid, coolant level, etc. There should not be any leakage as it may risk the safety of you and other cars as well when in transit.
- Before shipping your car, check and make sure that the car’s battery is in working condition. This is to ensure a hassle-free loading and unloading of the car.
- When you hand over your car for shipping, you will need to hand over some documents too. Ensure that you keep the entire original document with you and submit only the required ones.
- Check your car thoroughly and remove if there are any personal accessories such as stuffed toys, GPS devices, water bottles, pocket charges, etc., inside the car.
- Do not forget to click few pictures of your car before you ship. This step is necessary because by any chance if your car gets any scratches during the transit, the transport company may not accept it. During such times, these pictures can act as evidence.
There are various automobile transport companies. You need to be wise while choosing the one. Ship a Car, Inc. provides the best shipping services with utmost care. They provide door-to-door transportation service at best prices. They have experienced transport professionals who are just a call away to help you. In case, if you have a tight budget and thinking about how to save money when shipping your vehicle, then you must check out Ship a Car, Inc. as they provide services at the best and affordable prices.
Car shipping may involve spending some movie. It is expensive. However, below are the tips you need to know to minimize the cost burden.
Tips to Minimize the Car Shipping Cost
- Contact three to four automobile companies and ask their estimated shipping cost. Compare and choose the suitable one.
- Try not to ship your car from May to September as they are the busiest months. The demand is high and so is the cost of shipping.
- Instead of door-to-door delivery, opt for terminal-to-terminal shipping
- Shipping a car in an open carrier will be less expensive when compared to the enclosed carrier.
- Make sure you do not give any fixed date for pickup as well as delivery to the transport company. This would just add up a little more to your budget. Instead, be flexible with the dates of pickup and delivery.
Therefore, consider the above factors while you ship your car and minimize the expenses to some extent.